Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Family Stressors

It is not a coincidence that we had this discussion about family stressors this week. Every day I had something new come up and add to a "cumulative stressor" that was going on in my life.

I was gone the second day of the week, visiting my grandpa, who recently had surgery and was not doing very well.

What I did learn from Tuesday's class was that there are many things that can happen in a family life. There are things that are good stressors, stressors that are unplanned, stressors that build upon others, etc. Everyone's experiences are different... and everyone's stressors are difficult for them.

What I have learned is that the Lord will not give us challenges that we cannot overcome. In times of trial, I hold to 1 Nephi 3:7 "For I know that the Lord giveth no commandment, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

I think keeping a positive attitude and remembering that the Savior has endured ALL things helps us to overcome these trials in our lives. I enjoy this video.


What Brother Williams said really stuck out to me. It is not the trial itself that defines us, but how we react and respond to it.

I have learned that through my Savior Jesus Christ, I can do all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment